A Google account is the key to accessing all of Google’s products and services like sending and receiving email using Gmail, downloading applications from the Google play store, watching videos from YouTube, and others. Signing up for a Google account is a quick process, but you will need to give out some personal information and make sure the information you are providing is accurate, to make Google keep your account secure and make use of their services. Creating a Google Account is easy and it requires some steps. Here’s how to create a Google account on an android smartphone.
How to create a Google account on an Android smartphone
- Open the Gmail app on your phone, you can download it if you don’t have or you can go to your phone settings and click Account then, Tap on Add Account and select Google
- Click on create an account and tap myself
- Enter your name, proceed Next
- Input your birthday and gender
- Pick a Gmail address/username or create your own Gmail address
- Create a password (it should consist of letters, numbers, and symbols)
- Input your country and phone number. You can skip this.
- Review your Account information and click Next
- Tap on I Agrees at the bottom of your screen to finish the setup.
To create a Google business account follow the above method. A Google business account is also easier to set up your Google Business profile to improve your business and manage your online information/product.
How to create Gmail or Google account using a web browser.
To create Gmail or Google account using a web browser is easier than on your android smartphone, follow these steps below.
- Go to accounts.google.com and click on Create account
- Input your Name, choose a username or create your username
- Enter your password and confirm
- Enter your phone number, recovery email, birthday, and gender.
- Click on I agree to the Google terms and services
How to add recovery info to your Gmail or Google account
Sometimes you might forget your password or someone is using your account without your permission and you don’t have access to your account again, updated recovery info will assist you to get your account back and it is easy to use.
- Open the Gmail app on your phone
- Click on your profile icon at the top right corner of your screen
- Then, Tap on Manage your Google Account.
- Click on Security at the top
- Locate Ways we can verify it’s you
- Tap the one you want to add(email and password), it will ask for a password and then, click Next to input your Number or Email.
How to recover your Google Account or Gmail
To recover your Google or Gmail account may be due to you forgetting your password or username. Some questions will be asked to confirm it is you that have the account. These steps will guide you on how to recover your Google/Gmail Account. If it’s your password you forgot you can reset it by following these steps.
To reset your password
- Open the Gmail app on your smartphone
- Locate sign to Google account
- Input your email/phone number and click Next
- Tap on Forgot password
- Input your new password (make sure it’s strong and must have letters, numbers, and symbols).
To recover your Email
- Open the Gmail app on your Android phone
- Locate sign option
- Click on forgot email
- Enter your recovered phone number or email you used when you set up your recovery method
- Input the full name on your Google account when you registered
- A verification code will be sent to your recovered phone number or Email, depending on the one you use. Done
How to Turn off Gmail Notifications
If you are one of those people who don’t want any notification to disturb you, you can simply turn off your Email notification, below are the steps to turn off Gmail notifications.
- Open the Gmail application on your Android
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner.
- Scroll down and tap Settings
- If you have more than one Email you can select the desired email you want to mute the notification.
- Click on Notifications and tap on None to turn off notifications.
How to turn off account syncing
If you have some different third-party app on your phone or you want to turn off syncing for Gmail or Google account notifications. You can follow these steps.
- Open phone Settings and tap Accounts, or Users & Accounts on some phones.
- Click the Gmail account or any app you want to turn off sync.
- Tap Account Sync.
- Scroll down to tap Gmail or anything you want to turn off for sync. It might be different on some devices.
- How to back up your photo and videos on Google
- How to check bank verification number
- How to hide and unhide WhatsApp chats
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. If it’s helpful please don’t hesitate to share it with friends.