Many users have now complained about the error 404 on their Android phones. Whatever they do, the App does not work. It has caused users to worry as they need to figure out what is wrong with the App. Below are the steps to follow how to fix Error 404.
This article will explain why error 404 keeps appearing and how to fix it.
What causes the error 404 on Android?
If the error 404 keeps appearing on your Android, It can happen due to several reasons, such as:
- There may be a glitch or a bug in the Google Play Store.
- Cache issues and more.
How to Fix Error 404 on Android?
Clearing the Google Play Store caches
Clearing the app cache may solve the issue. Here is how you can clear your cache Android;
- Go to phone settings
- Click on App
- Locate Google Play Store
- Find storage and click on it
- Tap on clear cache.
Clearing the Google Play Store storage
- Go to Settings
- Under the list of apps, locate Google Play Store
- Tap on Storage
- Then, tap on Clear storage
- Open Play Store and try downloading an app again
Update your phone to the latest version; sometimes, error 404 occurs due to the old version of your device. To update your phone,
- Go to phone settings.
- Scroll down to the System (it varies depending on your phone)
- And then click system update
If you have a rooted phone, the fix above might not work for you, and then you can follow the below steps to fix this issue because it has helped some users.
- Go to /system/etc/permissions.
- Delete services.cn.google.xml file.
- For Huawei users – If your phone has EMUI 8, then you can find the file at \system\emui\china\etc\permission
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the URL not found on Chrome?
You can fix the URL not found on Chrome by;
- Ensure that all words are spelled correctly.
- Make sure there are no typography errors.
- Try restarting your browser or computer.
- You can clear your browser’s cache and cookies if that doesn’t work.
- Finally, if all else fails, Uninstall and reinstall Chrome.
- How to Use AI Manga Effect On TikTok
- Fix: Aladdin Connect App Not Working (2022)
- Fox Sports App Not Working on Vizio TV: 10 Simple Fixes
Why can’t I connect to the server?
Sometimes when facing such issues, it can happen due to
- Your computer or the server you’re trying to connect is having communication issues.
- Networking issue
- Server problem.