How to fix Sonos App Not Working
Sonos is one of the best multi-room speakers on the market. It is simple to fill your home with sound for music, home cinema, and more. But that doesn’t mean you won’t encounter any problems using them.
Here, the most important thing is if there is an issue, there is also a possible solution! So, don’t worry at all. If you find that your Sonos speaker isn’t working and how to fix them, this article is for you.
Why is Sonos not working?
As your Sonos system isn’t working, there must be some reasons behind it. Many users face this problem and claim that Sonos speakers are also not working.
Some of the reasons are:
- There may be a glitch, a bug in Spotify, or a server is down.
- You haven’t updated the app in a long while
- You haven’t cleared the app cache
- Your Wi-Fi or mobile data is not working properly
How to fix Sonos App Not Working
Fix 1: Choose Between Wi-Fi and Mobile Data
Try to choose between Wi-Fi and mobile data to see if the Sonos app issue is related to your connection. If your experience differs, we recommend reaching out to your service provider for more information. So, check your internet speed.
If you find the error that says ‘Couldn’t find the playlist,’ then try switching to a different network, or you could try positioning the router closer to your device.
Switch from mobile network to Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi to mobile network.
Fix 2: Try Logging Out and login into Sonos App.
Logging out from Sonos to fix the Sonos app not working issue may solve the problems. Try logging out from your account and logging back in some minutes later.
If this still doesn’t solve the Sonos app not working, then check the below method.
Fix 3: Restart Your Device
Suppose the above solution is not working. Restarting the device can clear up any overload due to cache within the device and not Spotify the application. So, Close the Sonos app and restart your device.
After Restarting the device, Then, Sonos app might work fine.
Fix 4: Update Sonos App to Latest Version
Update the Sonos app with the latest version because Sometimes the old version does not work perfectly. If your Sonos app version is outdated, it may not work correctly.
Also, updating the Sonos app to the latest version will fix all previous bugs in the app, which were known to the Sonos support team.
You can also do an auto-update of the app if you want to keep your app constantly updated with the latest version and bug-free.
Fix 5: Clear Sonos App Cache
Clearing the app cache may solve the issue. Here is how you can clear your cache via your device;
- Go to settings
- Click on Sonos App
- Find storage and click on it
- Delete the cache.
Fix 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the Sonos App
To fix the Sonos app not working issue, delete and reinstall the Sonos app. Sometimes Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Sonos app will resolve the issue.
First, Uninstall the app from your phone; after that, reinstall it again and check whether the Sonos app is working.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Sonos is not working with Spotify?
Some Sonos users also have problems connecting with Spotify. Well, if so, follow the given solution to solve this problem.
- First, ensure that you have updated your Sonos system and the Spotify apps with their latest version.
- Then it would be best to reboot the Wi-Fi router to connect to Spotify again.
- When doing this, dispel the Spotify services from the Sonos app.
- Close the Sonos app and reopen it.
- After you reopen it, add the Spotify service.
Hopefully, you get the Spotify services again, and your Sonos speaker is working!
Why Sonos is not working with Alexa?
Sometimes, it happens that your Sonos system isn’t working with Alexa. When troubleshooting this issue, you must know whether your Sonos speaker is voice-enabled or not.
In the case of voice-enabled Sonos speaker
- After that, open the Alexa app, go to the Skill and Games option, and then you need to disable the Sonos skill.
- Sign in to your account and go to the Amazon website. Then, you have to deregister your Sonos speaker from the website.
- Now, open the Sonos app, go to Settings, tap Services on the settings, and then head over to the Voice option.
- Now, it will display your entire speaker’s list. And from the list, select the voice-enabled speaker and tap on Remove Alexa.
- After removing it, sign out your account from all Amazon apps on your mobile controller devices.
- Now, the Amazon Alexa gets entirely disconnected from your Sonos speaker.
- Finally, you need to reset the Alexa with your Sonos speaker from scratch, and hopefully, it will work better.
Thanks for reading this article till the end. Please don’t hesitate to share it with friends if it’s helpful. For another tech, click here.